Welcome to the 1st OT-Europe Congress in Kraków!
The 1st Occupational Therapy Europe Congress is co-organized by the Polish Association of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Europe, which brings together 3 largest European organizations dealing with occupational therapy: European Network of Occupational Therapy in Higher Education (ENOTHE), Council of Occupational Therapists for the European Countries (COTEC) and Research in Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science (ROTOS).
We are extremely proud that this meaningful event will take place in Poland, where occupational therapy has a very long tradition. The 1st OT-Europe Congress is for us not only support in promoting modern occupational therapy in Poland, but also a great opportunity for Polish occupational therapists to exchange professional and scientific experiences with colleagues from other European countries.
The host city of the 1st OT-Europe Congress was not chosen by chance. Krakow has over 1000 years of tradition, it is the second largest city in Poland, as well as the Polish historical, scientific and cultural capital. It is also one of the 3 Polish cities where future occupational therapists have the opportunity to get the Bachelor degree and so far the only one where they can obtain a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
On behalf of the Polish Occupational Therapy Association and the Occupational Therapy Europe we have a great pleasure to warmly invite all people related to occupational therapy to our Congress. We will be delighted to meet you all in Krakow, a great place to do science and to enjoy both Polish culture and cuisine.
Let’s meet in Krakow in 2024
– the home city of the Wawel Dragon!
Prof. Aneta Bac
President of the Polish Association of Occupational Therapy
About ICE Kraków
The ICE Kraków Congress Centre is the business and cultural flagship of the city. Located in the very heart of Kraków, it is a convenient place for the organisation of diverse events: from international congresses, conferences, symposiums and business meetings, through cultural events such as concerts, opera, theatrical and ballet performances, to social meetings.
By public transit? By bike? By your own car? By taxi? Or maybe by plane? The ICE Kraków Congress Centre is located in the very heart of Krakow, opposite the Wawel Castle, next to one of the main transport hubs. You can reach the venue by car from Krakow Airport, train and bus stations, as well as from any other part of Krakow.
The Congress Centre is surrounded by a special traffic hub, including ground-level car parks, a bus stop, bicycle parking and a two-storey underground car park for 335 cars.
With environment in mind, we recommend using the services of public transit. The nearest stop can be found only 50 meters away from ICE Kraków.
City of Unesco Heritage
- 6 out of 14 Polish places from the World Heritage List are located here
- the Historic Centre of Krakow was among the first 12 sites added to the UNESCO List in 1978.
Comfortable flight connections
- 2nd largest airport in Poland
- 10 kilometers and 15 minutes from the city centre
- 80 scheduled flights to 20 countries
- Cooperation with 20 airlines
Modern Congress Center
- Newly built ICE Krakow Congress Centre with 3200 seats and its unique shape of melting ice cube
- ICE Krakow twice awarded as the best congress centre of New Europe in 2015 and 2016
- 20 restaurants with Michelin guide
- 50 traditional Polish dishes are from
Krakow and the surrounding area
- Krakow region produces wines
awarded at Eno Expo (Wine Trade Fair)
Average prices of services in Kraków
Single Tram/Bus tickets 1 €
Taxi single ride 6 €
Coffee in café 3 €
Beer 3 €
Lunch in bistro 12 €
3* Hotel single room price 80 €
- Worldwide chains
- Modern properties
- Old Town location
Current weather and 7 day forecast
- October is a moderate autumn month, with average temperature varying between 14°C and 5°C
- Even with the dropping temperatures, the beautiful scenery in autumn in this area of Poland still make this month a great time to visit.